Monday, July 23

Harry Potter?? War Price??

Seriously, it's ridiculous.

I checked my yahoomail today. My yahoomail is usually for junk mail. I click into Inbox and browse through several spam mails. As HarryPotter is currently now the 'hit' thingy now, a mail from MPH caught my eye with the title of "HarryPotter and the Deathly Hallow"( I am in their mailing list).

I clicked it. I was rather surprise to read that they stop their sales for this long awaited book.
Copied along here:


ANNOUNCEMENT ON HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS
With effective from 21 July 2007, Harry Potter 7 will not be available for sale in all MPH outlets nationwide in Malaysia.
We will honour the sale to customers who have pre-booked. The book can be collected from the shops from 21 July 2007 onwards.
All activities related to the launch of HP7 in the above stores have been cancelled.
We apologise for the cancellation of the activities and any inconvenience caused. Any queries with regards to this book, please refer directly to the sole distributor in Malaysia
Penguin Books Malaysia Lot 2 Jalan 215Off Jalan Templer 46050 Petaling JayaTel: 03-7782 0466 Fax: 03-7784 1739
From the managements of:MPH BOOKSTORES (M)SDN BHD


I straight away search on the net to find out why.

Interested to know why??
Click here :
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/7/21/nation/18369076&sec=nation
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/21/arts/AS-A-E-BKS-Malaysia-Harry-Potter.php

MPH, Popular, Times and Harris bookstores, these 4 major bookstore in Malaysia have decided to withdraw the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows novel from their shelves in protest against Tesco and Carrefour's move in selling the novel at a much cheaper price of RM69.90. The retail price of the book is RM109.90

As a consumer or a reader, OfCOz! Watever the cheapest will do me fine. HahA. I think the bookstore have their reason to ban the sales once and for all. I do understand the un-fairness. But Heck! The same quality, the same content with a much cheaper price wins~!!

Er. No. I paid Aus$19.95 plus the earlier pre-order of $10. So I did not buy it cheap. I have a free cuddly white owl though. It is some sorta promotion item when you prebook it earlier.

Err No. No. Have not start the read just yet. Will start once I am finish with my current book.

ChilL!

No comments:

Post a Comment