Thursday, August 2

Any Carbon footprint you left today?

Carbon footprint. I first come across it last year when my bro talking about it during dinner. I was like "wat the heck is he talking about". My curiosity did not ends there. I went online to get to know what is it about.

Yesterday while I was attending lecture, it came about again.

I again search online and find out more about it.

Do you realise that global warming is coming sooner then predicted. Do you realise that it is mostly caused by human activities *sHameFul*.

IF we do nothing!!??
Rising global temperatures will cause sea level to rise and alter local climate conditions, affecting forests, crop yields, and water supplies. It may also affect human health, animals, and many types of ecosystems. Deserts may expand and some of our countryside may be permanently altered.

There is lots of simple things that one can do! Things that might not even matter. Things that is not even worth. But bits and pieces do end up being loads!

So, you and I could prolly start by: click here

What I did is:
  • Taking public transport to classes *KEkEKkE*
  • Using recycle bag to market (the green bag)
  • Din turn on the heater at all (it's not tat freaking cold anyway)
  • Hangout cloths ( I dun like trunble dry, it wrinkles up my cloths)
  • Try as much as I could to turn off electricity items that is unused
  • Buy local fruits ( KeKE.. strawberries in season now)
  • Eating less meat, more vege
I will definitely try to :
  • Unplug mobile phone, iPod, PSP as soon as it has finished charging
  • Go for a run rather than drive to the gym ( but is so far far away)
  • Do your weekly shopping in a single trip ( But then the supermarket is just a block away, and I walk!!)
  • Fill the kettle with only as much water as you need
  • Turn down the water heating setting
  • When on holiday - hire a bicycle to explore locally rather than a car
  • Towels to be washed every other day, rather than every day

See.. It's just so simple to save the world. What's your carbon footprint, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment