Sunday, April 27

How to be a GOOD house guest

I was browsing around the internet regarding manners and ettiquete on guest in house. I came across AskMen.com and I think it's a real basic manner, that all should know. Anyway it's listed below:
1- Settle on a time frame
2- Avoid surprises
3- Offer a house gift
4- Commit the perfect crime in the bathroom
5- Contribute
6- Defer to your hosts
7- Don't be a big disruption
8- Be cool
9- Respect the house
10- Say thank you

For more info: http://au.askmen.com/fashion/how_to_250/260_how_to.html

There. The norm rules that everyone should follow. I think what they forgotten to add, which is the MOST important is : Come only when invited. If not, at least try get yourself invited.

Mind you, uninvited guest is really annoying. Worse is when they call to ask "if" they can come into your house, when they are "literally" infront of your house. SO why bother calling.

Don't get me wrong. I love in-house dinners and parties with friends as long as I invited them to come. Surprise drop by's is also fine by me but unwanted and overstayed guests can sometimes be rather annoying. Worst will be when guest frequented and showing up the house every weekend as if treating the house as a 'weekend sanctuary' is bit way too much.

Gosh. It just happen.

ps. this does not apply to family members

No comments:

Post a Comment