Wednesday, April 23

Assignment Nightmare

I finally got the reply from the lecturer.

The e-mail mentioned that I "technically" plagarised on my essay but taking into consideration it's not intentional and more towards carelessness and mis-quoted. He initially wanted to see me on Tuesday which he canceled the class due to some accident along the way to uni. He is willing to let me re-submit my assignment next week with the correct citations and such.

I, of course, was rather sad and rather moody the whole day. I keep on wondering what and how I manage to plagarised so terribly and was my paper that bad. I was already having such headache on this course and this worsen the matter. This course is rather art and literature base as its under the School of English, Media Studies and Art History. I am kinda struggling to get into all the literature base reads.

As told by the lecturer, I downloaded their Assignment Style sheet (which I should done earlier) and read it. Only to realise what a mistake I made. While I was doing my assignment, I documented all the quotes and citation using Harvard Style. It was definitely wrong. The School have their own guidelines on presentation of assignments. The School use MLA style which is totally different.

I am so ignorant and careless. My degree is allocated to various schools and each school have different styles of referencing. I totally did not check on this school and just assume it's Harvard Style they use. The MLA required more detail quotes and style differently and all sort of other details.

I am now rather glad the lecturer give me another chance to re-do my wrong. At least I understand how careless I am without loosing unecessary marks. Nonetheless, that does not mean I did well on the assignment and I fully understand what this course is about.

*SighZ* I can't wait to get finish and done with this course. I should not take it in the first place. I was being 'seduced' by the assesment as there is a 15% for attendance and participation on class. I was like, Good! that should do it but Heck NO. I was conned. I never knew this course was THIS difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment