Saturday, July 8

My day

I was in Kinokuniya.

I was just browsing through, as I still have loads back home that I can't find time to read and not planning to pile another up in the shelf. I just can't seem to find the time for me to read. Things just keep on popping up... more important than another. Priorities goes to those that have due dates such as my assignments, my midterm, my thesis... etc etc ( which seems never ending process).

I never expected to let this particular book to caught my attention. The title of the book was "The Stolen Child". I was rather caught by the design cover and decided to read the synopsis.

My oh My, it really was interesting. The book tells the tale of the child who become one of the changlings and changeling was return to the society of humans by co-opting the identity of a kidnapped child. It's about the search of identity of the seven year old child who is abducted by a band of a dozen hobgoblins, which, in mythology, are faeries "gone bad".

I fell in love with the story.

I bought that book and went straight to Dome and order a cup of Latte. Hey.. Life is pretty good. A cup of latte, a great book and a fag or two. Wat more can I ask for!


I got more information about the book online once I got home. I found out the author, Keith Donohue find the inspiration from:

The Stolen Child, a poem by William Butler Yeats, published in 1889in The Wanderings of Oisin and Other Poems.The poem was written in 1886and is considered to be one of Yeats' more notable early poems. The poem is based on Irish legend and concerns faeries beguiling a child to come away with them.

Away with us he's going,
The solemn-eyed -
He'll hear no more the lowing
Of the calves on the warm hillside
Or the kettle on the hob
Sing peace into his breast,
Or see the brown mice bob
Round and round the oatmeal chest
For he comes the human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy, hand in hand
For this world's more full of weeping than he can understand


I can't wait to finish the book.. but yet.. again.. due to some midterm exam I need to study on. I have to put it on hold... but can't resist to blog it.

Not everyday one gets to find such interesting book!!!

Just my day! My Luck!

Hugs WuGs

No comments:

Post a Comment