Monday, July 24

SMSes

Guess that we’ll never be grown ups in our parents eye… never ever.

My dad… He is totally amazing. The best dad ever.. I can’t imagine how my life can be without him.

Ha!! Anyway… My dad has been sending me sms. Not just any sms… CHINESE sms! Simple conversational sms. Reason being, he wanted me to learn Chinese.

I loose out a lot on not knowing Chinese… Yeah.. I basically know how to speak but really am bad in reading it. I think I am just like Primary three standards. Sigh. I loose out a great deal.. esp on books and comics.

Oh well… my dad been msg-ing me basic chats like. Asking me what I am doing? What I had for lunch? And tell me what he is doing and so forth…
I will reply back in English answering his questions , just so to proof I can still read basic Chinese.

Weird huh!

I just received one on my way back home from gym. My mind began to wander and think… Gosh… At my age and my dad still did all this! I mean… Wat are the odds. I don’t really think a lot of parents did that to their children at my age! Maybe a handful or Z-E-r-O.

Come to think of it… I should be the one teaching my kid Chinese ( if I had one ). My Secondary classmate just gave birth to her second child and here I am receiving chinese sms from my dad.

Will I ever grow up…or should I count myself as lucky?

Ps. Had another sAndWicH Craving... this time a club sandwich! It's superbly done with crispy bacon and loads of melted cheese ... the mayo in it was amazing.. I enjoyed each and every bite of it.. and accompanied with a LaTTe.

No comments:

Post a Comment