Wednesday, August 23

Supposingly REVISION


I attended a supposedly revision class today.

The lecturer of that particular subject is horrifying to begin with.

I will be re-sitting this particular subject this semester and hope that this revision class will give me a rough idea and the formats so I would not be caught ‘BlUr’ during the exam which will be taking place real soon.

I arrived right on time (especially in her class.. ), as usual she is a couple of minutes late. And as usual, those who came late then her will definitely get a good talk from her. So there I was with my junior attending her class, sitting alone at one corner and observed.

I was with her in another subject, both lecture and tutorial. I find quite similarities in her teaching behavior.
She will first start of with the class being like a fish market. And this is this and that is that… wat.. who.. when… why… how. She, of coz, with her tone and all, she managed to keep the class down. She, then will kick off with how bad the class and how shockingly difficult for her to get the students to listen and not talk.

After that in the mid, she will talk about how her ex-students being appreciative of how she act as the outside world is much much more worse. Blah BlahhHh…

Serious, this is exactly what she talk. No difference with the class I attended.Umm.. I guess my mind always drift away when I am in her class. She’s good at it, mind you.

After all those talks and such, I calculated, she took one and half hour about talking how the midterm goes with the students and half hour talking about why there is exams!!

GOSH! I was so pissed.. I actually came to attend another ‘talk’ from her. Oh.. wait! I actually chot down what she says.

The reason of why there is exams is to be able to APPLY and UNDERSTAND.
The reason to test the students is to know the :
• Ability to remember
• Ability to write
• Ability to exercise and comment


What I wanted to know and the reason I attended this class was only answered after all this crap and it JUST took like 5 minutes of the whole lecture.

I survived the 2 hour lecture in one piece but my brain is all drained out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment