Friday, October 26

The Thirteenth Tale

I fell.

I fell in real deep.

The book " The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield.

I bought the book in Kinokuniya, KL in May. Unread, I sent it over to Australia by post. The post finally arrived after a few months of shipping from KL to Sydney and went through the Australia custom before arriving to Brisbane. I unpacked the parcel and saw the book again. The wrapper was still intact. I made a promise to read it once I am done with the current read of 31 Dream Street by Lisa Jewell then.

On Tuesday night, frustrated with my assignments, I decided to release my anger and started to read. The first page, the very first page, I already knew that I am going to love the story. From the very beginning, the story was a page turner. It's rare.

The book is full of suspense, surprise and satisfaction. I was so caught into the tale itself. It mesmerize me and I fell deep into the story. The whole atmosphere of the book is powerful and sweeping. Intriguing, daring and even downright heart-pounding at times, I still continue patiently to read page by page as it takes my mind away deep into the story.

I won't be bothered to mention the content of the book. I am just trully happy to read this book. A total joy. Highly Recommended. This book will be in my All-time-Favorites along with The Time Travellers Wife.

I definitely will re-read this book again and again.

This book is a MUST read.
Point to note: Dun take this book to bed. It will be sunrise, before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment