Sunday, March 23

Easter Week

Easter break is here. I got a whole week holiday from classes, which technically means : Time to catch up on the studies and assignments.

I never knew Easter is such a big thing. Everything is close on Friday and restaurants usually have 15% surcharge on that day. In Malaysia, it was just another day. Some schools will apply for hols some continue as per norm.

Given this long weekend, a bunch of us decided to go Mount Warning at New South Wales, the central core of the Southern Hemisphere’s largest extinct shield volcano. It is also named "Wollumbin", meaning "cloud catcher", by the Bundjalung people who inhabited the region before European settlement, it is the first place on Australia’s mainland to be touched by the morning sun.

In total of 4 cars (14 of us), drove down South at 8 am. Thomson, the organiser and our driver of the day did all the arrangements while I am in charge of sandwiches and snacks for 3 person.

The climb was the best I had in ages. I must add it's so much more then I expected. It also proof my level of fitness which surpass my expectation. :D. I walked all the way to the top nonstop. The most difficult part is on the chain ladder. The rock is rather steep and the chain is needed to reach to the top.

What I find harder is heading downhill. My knee-joint hurts. My old injury strikes back. The torture walk down hill was hell. The effect was unbearable. The total journey took a rough 5 hours including rest on the peak. Had a great day that ended with a big full dinner in Sunnybank before heading home to rest.

In total, the trip was rewarding and would definitely head there again.


Advise: water is essential along with some snacks (sugar for energy), comfy attire (no jeans) and a good pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment