Wednesday, January 9

Hanoi

The 2008 begins with a trip to Vietnam.

Truth be told, I have never been to a 3rd world country or should I put it, a developing country for holiday. I mean holiday and not during my stay when I was in SQ. This is my very first time.

I had a great experience there. I manage to visit Hanoi city, Halong Bay and Sapa during my 7 days stay. Onnie and I were on our own sightseeing around the city and organize two tours for the Halong Bay and Sapa trip once we arrive there.

Vietnam is really an eye opener for me. It's culture is strongly influenced by neighbouring China as historically puts on its evidence. Foreign cultures such as french and American is also visible there. Ruled under a single-party goverment, a republic society, Vietnam is blooming extensively during this few years.

Food is superb there. Vietnamese cuisine uses little oil and many vegetables. It's very clear and definitely healthier too. To spice it ups its flavors, it added a lot is herbs and spices such as lime, mint, basil, spring onions and serano peppers, not forgetting fish sauce too. Their main carb is rice and noodles. Oh, I never once see MacDonalds there too.

I totally enjoyed it however, I must add that this will also be my first and last trip.

*more blogs about Vietnam to be continued soon*

No comments:

Post a Comment