Sunday, September 2

The walk to River Festival

YeaP! I finally manage to catch it this year. The fireworks !!

I missed it two years ago as I was in Townsville for the weekend. This year.. I definitely won't miss it.

As what Thomson and I did the past few saturdays, we went for house inspection. This time, we inspected 7 houses. The inspections are at Toowong, Taringa and KelvinGrove suburbs. We finally found 2 that we really liked and had fill up the application form. * Keeping my fingers cross*

Anywayz, our last house inspection is around 2.50pm. The very last one. Thomson and I were exhausted. Especially me! I am sick of driving manual car. As I have mentioned in previous post, I have no coordination. I am lousy in manual drive cars. POor Thomson.. he have to bare with my driving skills.. which at the end made him feel nauseated. Oh well, a treat of Ice Green Tea with sour plum did the cure.

After a short rest, we walked to Chinatown for tea. Actually, it is more like a meeting place before the start of the journey to the fireworks view spots. I had two ice tea and a french toast at a HongKong CharChanTeng style. What I need to strongly empasize on is that I W-A-L-K-ed there.

After the meeting up with some other friends, we decided the best spot for fireworks will be at Kangaroo Point. Since there will be traffic and a few major roads closure due to the event. It is more advisable to walk. Yeap.. another walk.

When I arrive there, I was drained. As predictable, the place is crowded with people. People who've been BBQ-ing, some set up tents with comfy stools, some with their beers and singing along with the music from radio blasting loudly. It was a noisy and crowded. All is in a happy and chirpy mood, anticipating the fireworks. We finally manage to sqeeze in and find a spot and wait for the arrival of the fireworks.

At 7pm sharp, two military aircraft flew past the city with a big blast of fire behind. It is the signal. Everyone cheered and the fireworks started to color the dark sky with amazing patterns and style.

Fifteen minutes gone. I started to get bored. As impatient as I usually am. I started to find it too long. I patiently waited until the final finale of the fireworks. Another 5 minutes of waiting, I heard the radio announcement on the final finale, I stood up and alert myself as usually the finale is suppose to be the grandest of all. :D It did. The two planes finaly re-appeared to end ceremony.

The crowd begin to spread and leave. So does our group. I will need to walk back to the city, which I find it really tiring after the whole day of events. My legs hurts from the constant pressing of clutch and brake pedal as well as the walks. Not long after we said our goodbyes to the group, Onnie and I bump into his friend who drove to KangarooPoint. We are at luck. Alex and Boon fetch me and Onnie back to the city.


So in total, 20 min ( city to chinatown) + 45 min (chinatown to kangaroopoint) = 1 hr 5 min

Actually it's not much of a bigger deal, just that I am so use to Malaysia lifestyle. We seldom walk as the hot sun glaring down on us and the high dependant on car.

Don't get me wrong. I LuRRvvVee walks. I treasure the walks with my parents at Menglembu Hill. I love bush walking in the rainforest ( I miss those days when I am travelling from Townsville to Cairns... the rainforest walks hold some of my fondest memories ).

But hell, I am not up for it that day and I survived through the busy day! YeY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment