Monday, September 10

The Good Gesture

I confess. I have started to drive to uni now.
Reason: I have loads to bring to uni. My laptop, books and printed journals are a quite a handful. I can't carry all those and walk a distance can I?

The carpark space is limited. Of coz, the nearer you park your car to the uni the higher price you gotta pay. I usually park the car at the 'Whole day' zone. It cost $3 a day, it is the cheapest. I will still have to walk around 500 m to the library.

So what I do is, I park my car next to the library. I immediately zoom in at get the keys for a desk and lock all my stuff (postgrad students have an entire floor whereby we could have lock desk, private study room). Bought myself a cuppa at Merlos and RUSH back to the car. Re-park it at the 'Whole day' zone.

The carpark was rather full. I waited for a gal to start her car so that I could park her exsisting space. The gal suddenly wave at me, signalling her ticket. I was surprise of her nice gesture. As the ticket is a whole day ticket, I happily retrieve the ticket and thanked her. She left and I took her original space. She totally made my day. A simple gesture by just giving her ticket so I could use it instead. It's nothing much.. but the thought of it really makes my day.

Life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment