Monday, August 25

Weekend Class

I attended the course subject on Leadership and Change Management for the first time last weekend. It is a 9-4pm class on both saturday and sunday. What is most extraordinary about it is there is just 4 students in the class and I am one of them.

Hell! It was stressful. I am the only asian in the class plus the only one without any working experience, at least in managerial post.

The subject, I believe, is a MBA course and somehow it linked to Communication Courses. It is one of my electives that I took and applied to get into the course. There aren't many subjects available for me this semester and I seriously am reluctant to take another marketing course. So here I am attending this subject.

The assesment criteria is hard enough. A report to be hand in next week on a review of top 10-15 journal articles on change management, a research report on an organization regarding it's changes and finally an exam at the end of the semester.

I struggle to be attentive in class as only 4 students. The prof is well knowledgeable and experienced which make things even harder. It is not the same as any lecture class, instead towards a more converstional interaction class where everyone need to contribute and talk. Boy! Was is stressful. I am not a talkative type of student in class. I am more the quiet one's that hide behind and leave once the class is over. I can't do that in such a small class.

I am just glad the first weekend is over. There is another weekend to attend on end september. Arghh..dragging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment